Legolia K. Lee
4107 Shelia Crescent Chesapeake, VA 23321
(757)465-6009 home (803)550-0154 cell
CAREER SUMMARY/SPECIAL QUALIFICATION/CAPABILITIES:
Proven to be a team leader and problem solver with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills. Hired and trained personnel, delegated responsibility, prepared inventory, implemented policies as well as prepared financial statements. Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines. Communicate effectively with person from a wide variety of social, cultural, and ethnic background concisely orally and in writing. Knowledge of social and financial services offered by public, private, non-profit, religious agencies and other community resources. Computer literate, Identify, contact, meet and maintain professional relationship with private and public seta to determine needs and opportunities for clients, also received mediation certification and training. Reviews compliance with overall objectives, policies, and plans for the particular study. Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills. Prepares and presents findings, orally and in writing, to higher-level management personnel.
2012-present Case Manager, Office of Human Affairs Head Start Program, Hampton, VA,
- Responsible for determining eligibility for applicants, provide services to low income families by assessing the needs of the families, conduct home visits, monitor attendance, case management, facilitate meetings, monthly report, data entry, assist clients in goal setting, assist in problem solving, also provide specialized training in needed areas to staff and families. Plans, analyzes, conducts, organizes, and reports results of field studies. Evaluates trends and suggests immediate and long term solutions to compliance issues
2010-2012 Family Service Advocate, CDI, Head Start of Hampton Roads, Norfolk, VA,
- Responsible for determining eligibility for applicants, provide services to low income families by assessing the needs of the families, conduct home visits, monitor attendance, case management, facilitate meetings, monthly report, data entry, assist clients in goal setting, assist in problem solving, also provide specialized training in needed areas to staff and families. Plans, analyzes, conducts, organizes, and reports results. Evaluates trends and suggests immediate and long term solutions to compliance issues
2000~ 2010 Family Service Coordinator/Advocate The STOP Org. Head Start Program, Norfolk, VA,
- Responsible for eligibility, recruitment, enrollment, services, and attendance (ERESA) for the Head Start program. Group facilitation experience, knowledge of family dynamics and systems. Oversee workers, assuring that the operation ran accordingly to policies/procedures of the organization. Implement policies and procedures while developing and maintaining a close working relationship with the staff. Monitor staff case work for accuracy and completeness; assist workers in evaluating clients. Provide services to low income families; monitor attendance, facilitate meetings, monthly report, and data entry, and provide training to staff. Reviews and analyzes data, plans, analyzes, conducts, organizes, and reports results. Maintain strict confidentiality regarding clients’ and employee issues. Assess the needs of the families, monitor attendance, assist clients in goal setting, problem solving, provide specialized training. Responsible for determining eligibility for applicants. Understands the field office's various business units and processes and how it operates.
1996~2000 Resource Mother/Outreach Worker, Family Services of Tidewater, VA Bch, VA
- Assisted clients in obtaining needed support services. Performed assessment through home visits with clients in all needed areas, and provide specialized training in those needed areas, resulting in a better outcome for the children. Assisted in problem solving matters Assisted in obtaining all needed support services which further healthy outcomes/ home visiting made biweekly, tutored and counseled clients. Supervised staff, completed time sheets/monitoring of services.
Liberty University ~Lynchburg, VA 05/15
- Master of Arts/Human Services
Old Dominion University~ Norfolk, VA 05/12
- Bachelor of Science/Human Services
Thomas Nelson Community College~ Hampton, VA 05/08
- Associate of Science /Social Science